Sitting in a coffee shop after a while, sipping on a pretty latte and feeling gratitude for all the blogger awards and nominations I received. It has now been a little over 3 months since I started blogging, so I still feel relatively new to this world. The feedback and support I receive from this blogging community has been great, motivates me to create fun original content and be a better writer everyday. So today is ..time to give back. Also, a warm welcome to the new followers on my blog!:)
In the past month, I received a Friendship Blogger Award and 3 Sunshine Blogger Awards which I am very grateful for. More than the awards, I am excited that you remember my writing enough to nominate me. So a big enormous THANK YOU!
~~FRIENDSHIP BLOGGER AWARD~~
I was nominated for this Award by sweet Becca! Thank you for the nomination 🙂 Check out her blog! Becca’s blog is full of things she is passionate about. Farm animals and beautiful scenery make constant appearances in her blog posts and her posts are very uplifting and inspiring.
The Friendship Blogger Award was invented by: Novus, “This Award is for those we cherish in WP and to show them affection and to offer them our friendship.”
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the Award (Novus Lectio) and its purpose.
- Nominate other bloggers to receive the awards.
- List the rules and display the Friendship blogger award logo in your post on your blog.
~~ SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD ~~
Continuing with my promise of getting back to this, here it is! I was nominated for this Sunshine Blogger Award by three amazing bloggers. I appreciate your nominations & it constantly makes me want to be a better blogger and promote new blogs. I hadn’t thought of my blog posts as sunshine-y but glad you all did 😀
If you have read my previous posts, you all know how much I am ready for this gloomy doomey weather to be over, here in the Midwest. I am ready for some Sunshine! I am happy that at least I am feeling the Sunshine while I write this post.
A Big Thank You to these wonderful blogger-writer-friends:
The Britchy one – Make sure to check her posts out! Her posts are funny, witty, sometimes gritty 😉 but mostly fun and humorous!
Becca – Take some time out to read her posts. She currently lives in Belize in an amazing farm where she takes care of adorable animals and her family. Her posts always make me smile and warms my heart!
JBlaide: Check out her blog. She loves to write about pop culture, fandoms and comic-con and much more!
So here are the Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post/or on your blog.
11 questions asked of me by — Becca:
- What made you start blogging? – A year and half ago, I started researching the harmful effects of chemicals in store-bought lotions. So, I decided to make my own lotions, lip-balms and lip-scrubs. Hence, the URL:https://passionforlotion.wordpress.com/ 🙂
- Where do you get ideas for your blog posts? – It just somehow pops up in my head around midnight when I am supposed to be sleeping..right along with a list of things I need to do..
- What’s the best advice anyone ever gave you? – What others think of you is none of your business. Keep being unapologetically you!
- If you could describe yourself in three words what would they be? – Go-getter, Adventurer, Reliable.
- What is your favorite animal? – Tiger.
- What do you wish to accomplish in 2018? – Better version of me!
- Are people outside the blogging community aware of your blog? i.e. family,friends – Yes, but only a selected few I chose.
- What is your favorite dish to cook? – Squash curry.
- How did you choose the title of your blog? – I am naturally a curious person and I like to start new things and explore. So, ‘Curiosity- Start Something’ seemed fitting.
- Summer or winter? – Summer – I like Sunshine.
- What made you smile today? – Latte Art!:)
11 questions asked of me by — The Britchy One:
- You’re going on a road trip from the East to West Coast of the US. Who would you take with you (up to three people) — Husband and family.
- What time of year will you take your trip and why? – Winter, probably south for some sunshine.
- What essential/favourite clothing would you take?- I travel a lot for work, so for most part, I have travel sized everything and few favorite comfy and classic clothing items:)
- What electronics/cameras etc would you take? – iPhone, Powerbank, Headphones, iPad.
- What route would you take? – Scenic route when possible;)
- What places would you want to stop on the way? – Hilltop views, open spaces, water bodies
- Pick a restaurant in each state you chose to drive through. – I usually like to explore local restaurants, so I usually just search once I get to the destination or ask the locals.
- Pick some songs for the trip – 5 good driving songs. – I like upbeat songs when driving, Madcon’s- Beggin’ you comes to mind!:)
- Would you take an audiobook or podcast? If so what ones? – I love listening to podcasts, for some reason listening to audiobooks is still wierd for me, I like to read books…
- What snacks do you need in the car? – I am not a big snacker, but I like cashews, grapes and almonds.
- The trips over – Would you drive home or pick another destination? If so where? – Probably home to back to normal for a little while, I like flying more than roadtrips for most part because it allows me to spend more time at the destination.
11 questions asked of me by — JBlaide:
- How would you describe your perfect morning? – Sunny, a good breakfast and some peace and quiet.
- What is your favorite food? –Momos.
- What is your dream profession? – Professional world traveler for a tv show or something! ha ha!:)
- What did you want to be when you grew up?– Anything that allowed me to explore new places. Even as an engineer, I managed to pick a profession that allows me to travel.
- What do you think the best candy is? – I like chocolates more…:P
- Where would you rather be right now? – At a cozy coffee shop with hubby now each working on our own thing together, so right here is great!:)
- If you could travel in time where would you go? – Back to a time where dinosaurs still existed. lol! You asked:D
- Would you rather explore space or the sea floor and why? – Sea floor, ‘under-the-sea’ song from Little Mermaid comes to mind. Under water life amuses me.
- What emotion is your favorite? – Peaceful mind and calm heart, is that an emotion?
- Best book you’ve ever read? – Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- What is your favorite part of blogging? –Can’t just pick one favorite part so here are a few – Being able to put my thoughts into words creatively, motivating people and the wonderful blog-versations I have with my fellow readers/bloggers:)
My Nominees, Here are my 11 questions for you:
- What do you like most about you?
- What is the one country/state/city you want to visit this year?
- What is the one book you recommend everyone read?
- What is your favorite Disney Movie? and Why?
- What is your favorite Marvel Movie? and Why?
- What would you do for free?
- What three words would your best friend use to describe you?
- Where would you rather be right now?
- What is your favorite drink?
- What is your favorite country/state/city that you visited and why?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
Nominees, hope are able to keep the nominations going. 🙂 Look forward to reading more of your posts!
Thank you for reading & As Always,
Stay Curious & Have a Peaceful Day!