I have been thinking about our mentality and our mindset for a while. I read this book ‘Mindset’ by Carol Dweck a while ago and I don’t remember most of it but I remember it talked a lot about how having a realistic positive mentality helps people realize their goals. I remember that book being very inspiring and uplifting.
You have probably heard of this saying but “People who think they can and people who think they can’t, both are right.” I am a firm believer of that. I don’t know how true it is for most people but it works for me. When I set out to accomplish something, the voice in my head for most part says “I can do this!”. That’s my indicator of whether I am going to do something or not. If there is doubt in my mind about actually doing something, I generally wait for feeling strongly about wanting it.
For my 2018 Onwards, I decided to make some simple changes in my life. 10 days into it and so far, I am happy to say:
- I have not been constantly checking facebook like I used to. I finally deleted the app today. My goal here is not to shut it down but minimize the addictiveness it has. Side note: Facebook has this down-the-rabbit-hole quality to it that leads us to spend much more time on it than intended. I watched a Tedtalk and it talked about how facebook actually brings in people who design casino games in Vegas to make it addicting as possible for marketing products to us once they have our attention.
- For the longest time, I thought it was too hard or too complicated to understand real estate market/world but now, I decided I CAN learn. So to get started and to educate myself on real estate, started off the new year with a quick and easy read which contained lots of helpful tips for homebuying referred to me by a friend (thanks!:)) The book is called “Keep Calm, It’s Just Real Estate” by Egypt Sherrod.
- Have been listening to Podcasts to and from work related to real estate investments.
- Made sure I have plenty of books on hand to read. If you have read any of these books, i would love to hear from you:
- ‘What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow’ by Frank Gallinelli
- ‘The Road to Ruin’ by James Rickards
- ‘Cold Hard Truth on Men, Women & Money’ by Kevin O’Leary
- ‘Second Chance’ by Robert Kiyosaki
- ‘Rise of the Robots’ by Martin Ford
- Joined a Bookclub! – Thanks to a lovely friend who got me in! 🙂
- Oh, and I also made some organic lip scrub which is working amazingly for this dry winter here in Minnesota.
So, for all of you who have decided to move forward and take the steering wheel into your own hand and tell yourself ‘I CAN’. You really WILL!
What are some things you decided ‘I CAN’ on? Would love to hear about your To-Read list!
Have a peaceful day!