Have been thinking about mind clutter and productivity lately. They are inversely proportional to each other.
There are a lot of distractions that we face in our daily lives. So many things wanting our attention: advertisements, entertainment, youtube videos, to name some.
How much of that really truly helps us to be successful in our lives? How much of what we consume in the name of entertainment or news really helps us better our lives? Also, the negative news that we consume everyday in media (any media) , do we have the power to influence or change it?
Here are top 5 distractions that keeps our mind cluttered. When we reduced these distractions, it help us to keep our mind calm and have more time for personal development.
- Ignore catchy attention grabbers – Like click-bates, ignore headlines that are catchy that serve no value.
- Music you listen to – Any music. For example: Rap? How about lyrics – does it align with your goals? Be alert of what you are listening to.
- Avoid common opinions – Listen to yourself, reject opinions of others. Everyone is entitled to their own, but you can take control of your own mind.
- Following the news – Some people may not agree with this one, but it’s ok. It is a total time waster: we hear about murders, robbery, people that died around the world. Be aware but don’t let it affect you. Focus on what really matters to you the most. Can you really affect what’s happening? You can only change your own actions, in my opinion.
- Watching sports – Yes, it may be entertaining to some, but, the only ones that they serve truly are the ones playing, making millions, and the ones who own the teams, making billions. Unless you are the one playing the sport, or you are actively learning from it, or you are actually on TV, there is no real value in watching it. Memorizing the names of the players or stats or who won or lost makes no real difference to you in life in terms of working on self-improvement. Does it? Think about it..!
Doesn’t it make sense to take back all the time you lose with the distractions I wrote about above and put that time and attention into self-improvement and making yourself successful?
For Instance, people complain about having not enough time to work out, but somehow manage to watch a couple hours TV everyday in the name of relaxation. It is important to relax but do it as a reward for short period of time after you have done something productive for yourself.
So, What do you think dear readers?
What are some of the distractions you want to cut down on in your daily life?
What are some things you want to do to make self-improvements?
Let’s discuss in the comments below.
Stay curious & Have a Peaceful Day!
**Like this blog post? Comment and/or hit Like and Re-blog. **